Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Can I Hate This Guy?

Recently I walked into a public washroom, the music system was playing pop hits and the tune at that moment was Lionel Richie's "Dancing On The Ceiling". Twenty years ago I hated this song. I hated all poppy mainstream radio play. Metal or nothing. But mellowing out over the years, I tolerate this stuff when I hear it on rare occasions... often taking me somewhere back in time.

So, the music is playing, I walk in and am stopped in my tracks at the sight of some guy at one urinal who was seemingly trying to write his name in it. But not the case, this guy was peeing and dancing away to the song. I'm talking a good jive swing bit here, not just a little rhythmic groove on.

As the main door to the washroom closes and makes a noise, he turns all startled and looks right at me, rather embarrassed. He then says "I love this song".

I don't think much more came out of me than "okay".

He quickly finished up and got out of there.

Can I hate this guy? I never cared for this song to begin with but now loathe it to a point where visuals like this below would perhaps correct it all within me...

Where's Stewie Griffin when you need him?


I guess it was a good laugh for my friends I told the tale to on Saturday; but I still have the visual burned into my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment