Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Knotty Bodies Espresso Bar

Listening to the news for a bit on the drive in to work and I heard a tid-bit about a small coffee chain in Washington state called "Knotty Bodies". Maybe there are more across the USA; but I don't know.

I found the story interesting besides a bunch of scantily clad women serving coffee in bikinis, lingerie, etc. This chain is outraging a large number of women. These are the same who most likely boycott Hooters restaurants. It seems some politicians are in on it now too. They are asking people to start using their cell-phones and digital cameras to start photographing customers who purchase coffee from one of these establishments, then submit the photos to a website where they will be posted on-line for all to see. The point for this is? Is a person a perv for buying coffee here?



There is complaint that some of these coffee bars are close to schools. From the pics I have seen, I bet youths see and hear a lot worse through their Britney Spears videos and lyrics (example).

So, I don't have a "I just had to say" here... more like a "I just have to ask... who gives a s**t really?" I mean, come on... women wear bikinis on the beach. There are lingerie ads in store catalogs, weekly flyers, billboards, bus shelters, etc.

Sex sells, plain and simple... we all know that. This is not prostitution. If it offends a person, don't go there.



Anyways, in this day and age, is this really that shocking and offensive?

3 comments: